Frontiers Seminar posts offer articles and video lectures that offer a more in-depth look at many of the ideas being discussed in the
Our third Featured Seminar introduces in some detail the concept of Massively Parallel Peacebuilding. This Combination Seminar also includes the Conflict Frontiers exploration of the first challenge faced by people attempting to take a complexity-based approach to intractable conflicts--simply figuring out what is going on (which isn't a simple task at all!).
- Massively Parallel Peacebuilding (MPP) Paper -- A text overview of the big ideas underlying MPP — ideas that are explained in greater detail in the following Frontiers Seminar videos.
- Frontiers Seminar 5 Introduction to Massively Parallel Peacebuilding - This seminar contains six videos that explore what we mean by the term "Massively Parallel Peacebuilding' and why it isn't a totally crazy idea (it can seem that way initially, but precedents prove it is possible to enact.)
Note: Also related to these videos is our Massively Parallel Peacebuilding Action List which lays out many actions that need to be taken to address each of ten peacebuilding "challenges." While this list certainly isn't complete, doing 1/2 of these would be a great start on a massively parallel peacebuilding effort.
- Frontiers Seminar 6 Figuring Out What is Going On (MPP Challenge 1) - This seminar contains four videos and a number of essays explaining a variety of ways to look at intractable conflicts and begin to understand the many factors that created them and are driving them deeper and deeper into the black hole of intractability.
The Hyper-Polarization Crisis: A Conflict Resolution Challenge
We continue to develop and refine the above ideas in the context of an online discussion that Beyond Intractability is convening in partnership with the Conflict Resolution Quarterly. For our latest thinking, we recommend these articles and invite you to follow and contribute to the discussion.
- Applying conflict resolution insights to the hyper-polarized, society-wide conflicts threatening liberal democracies
- Executive Summary: Applying Conflict Resolution Insights to Today's Hyper-Polarized Societies
- The Key to Revitalizing Liberal Democracy: Think of It As a Conflict Handling System